sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:56:35 -0800

Quoting Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 8:11 am, Chuck Hall wrote:
> >
> > This is the first I have heard of the z-rejected grimoire. What other
> > intresting spells does it contain? Are there other grimoires out there
> > that are also useful, I know about stable and devel? I would add it to
> > the ISO, unless if it will increase the size by a large amount.
> >

> At http://codex.sourcemage.org/ you will find all of the Source Mage,
> publicly
> available grimoires: stable, test, z-rejected and games. Others in our
> midst
>
> have personal grimoires that they have offered up for public consumption,
> and
>
> if any of those people care to speak up, I'll let them re-announce what they
>
> have available.

My own grimoire, which has about 100 more spells that need work, including the
GNUstep packages and my GNU HURD/MACH partial spells. ;)
# scribe add sandalle from rsync://sandall.us::sandalle

> > I did notice that no one really replied about using SourceMage on sparc,
> > other then to say it would be nice. I will see what I can do about
> > getting it working but do not expect any really progress before the 1.0
> > version comes out ( unless if it does not happen for a long time ).
> >

> Eric Sandall has been working on a port to the Sparc. I'm surprised he
> didn't
> pipe up.

Heh, Valentine's weekend, guys. ;) I went back home for the weekend, and
since I
live out in the woods on a (small) mountain (more like a hill, but eh) we only
have dial-up, which maxes out at 21.6Kbps, if we're lucky.

I have most of SMGL already installed on my SPARC (Ultra10, 330MHz, 128MB
RAM),
but am having problems getting glibc and gcc to install properly on it. I've
tried statically compiling all of basesystem, but some packages (wget, glibc,
gcc) don't like it and/or do not obey the "-static" flag. Once I have SMGL
fully functional (at least the basesystem) I will be putting out an ISO based
on the latest (currently 0.9.1), but I have other things I need to work on
(school, work, and other SMGL projects, such as the grimoire ;)) so it's kind
of on the back-burner. I'd be happy for any help and/or insight on
SPARC-specific information. ;)

> > IRC...I should really try to get on it and talk with some of you.
> >

> This page has that relevant info:
> http://www.sourcemage.org/resources/contact/

Most of us have some IM account and we hang out on IRC quite a bit. ;)

> > Have Fun!
> > Chuck Hall
>
> Sir, yes sir!

Fun?! Get to work! ;)

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61