sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] qt-x11

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Jose Bernardo Silva <josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au>, Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] qt-x11
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:11:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au> wrote: >
Jose

> I have all but pulled all my hair out trying to work
> this out.
>
> In the past, last update of this spell, it simply
> was a case of dispeling
> the previous version
> and all went well.
>
> This time it appears that if I let spell run natural
> course I get and error
> when program tries
> to do: cd tools && make -f Makefile. The error I get
> is because by standard
> this directory
> has been removed to speed up spell compilation.
>
> No problem, I remark out all 'rm -r' options so that
> everything compiles.
> Problem I then get
> is that in /usr/src/qt-x11/tools/designer/app the
> Makefile refers to the
> previous version of
> qt (ie this version is 3.1.2 and there is reference
> to 3.1.1 for library
> information)
> This error devolves to a point where there are
> undefined calls to functions
> in main.o
>
> So, then I decide to cast spell and wait for all
> files to be created. Then
> while gcc is compiling
> an earlier part of spell I go into above Makefiles
> and changes 3.1.1 to
> 3.1.2
> Now I get an error saying that 'Target first not
> remade because of errors'
>
> >From here I have become quite exasperated. I have
> done a cast -f to see if
> any spells needed
> fixing but that came up clean.
>
> Before running into this problem over the past three
> weeks I have done a
> rebuild of system so everything
> has been compiled with latest gcc.
>
> Unless I have inadvertently switched something off
> somewhere, I am really
> lost.

Craig,

Check one thing for me, do you still have some
symlincs in /usr/lib to libqt-mt.* ?
If so, remove them (I assume you dispelled qt), remove
/usr/src/qt-* and try casting again, the plain qt-x11 spell.

=====
Jose Bernardo Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602

http://uk.my.yahoo.com