sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] qt-x11

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] qt-x11
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:02:56 -0800 (PST)

Craig Dyke said:
> Well, tried all that and still came up with nada.
>
> Yes I have already dispelled qt.
> I removed all *qt-mt* stuff along with /usr/src/qt*
>
> Can anyone who has installed latest version successfully tell me if they
> have references
> to 3.1.1 in their compile log?
> It seems strange but this information is in a Makefile so I presume it
> is meant to be there??
>
> Closest I have come to an install now has been to allow 'rm -r tools' to
> execute and then remake
> this directory and copy in a Makefile of my own that does nothing. This
> situation allows me to get nearly all the way through except that I now
> get an error saying
> that 'first' cannot be remade due to errors.
> With some investigation I found that first is a section within Makefiles
> so you could actually
> do 'make first'
>
> Anyhow, still stuck :((
>
> Craig

Craig,

I just checked the compile log for my qt-x11 3.1.2...no references to
3.1.1 in it. Are you sure you're using 'cast -r -c qt-x11'? The '-r' is
to reconfigure qt-x11 and remove all prior configuration setttings, the
'-c' is so that it doesn't use a previously compiled version (a.k.a.
resurrect).

Also, did you remove everything in /tmp which comes from casting spells
(/tmp/sorcery.download.*, /tmp/*.iw, /tmp/casting.*, etc.)?

Also, I do not recall, but did you say that you had already tried 'cast
--fix' to find any broken depends of qt-x11 (or just 'cast -c `gaze
DEPENDS qt-x11|awk '{print $2}'`')?

I have 3.1.2 compiled successfully on all of my machines.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key 0x5C8D199A5A317214