sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Github as primary source repository for SourceMage?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Github as primary source repository for SourceMage?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:07:59 +0200

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 02:58:31PM -0500, David Kowis wrote:
> If there are any suggestions to handle a wiki better with less spam,
> that'd be great. Ideally it'd work where it's super easy to allow people
> to edit, but keeps the spam down.

I've had very good experiences using a ModSecurity rule set from
Flameeyes on an otherwise completely open shoutbox. It was being spammed
very heavily, installed the rule set and not a single spam entry in two
years. Yet it is still accessible from all platforms and browsers that I
have ever tried, which was many many different combinations including
stuff like consoles, phones, tablets and whatnot.

Link to rule set info: https://blog.flameeyes.eu/tag/ruleset

I'd very much like to see the old moinmoin, or some other wiki software
which can import the moinmoin DB, back up and running. It still has the
most complete set of documentation that I know of and it was way easier
to find something on there than that click zoo which is chilliproject.

Regards, Remko