sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:00:55 +0200

Am Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:51:30 +0200
schrieb "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>:

> > Wait, what? What configure step? You lost me there.
> Wasn't ./configure creating malformed Makefiles? Or some other make target
> that
> isn't invoked during BUILD? That's why I suggested setting the job number
> earlier.

There is no configure. Configuration is created by Makefile rules and
thus screwed up by a malformed Makefile rule breaking in parallel build.
The fix to put make_single around the make invocation is enough.

> scribe add stable-x from someurlorother

Ah, good ... so it can be cleanly documented to use the supported
upgrade path even if current stable is some versions past 0.61-xy, or
0.62, respectively. Do we archive the grimoire tarballs forever? I hope
so ... so in theory, one could fire up a VM simulate the past decade in
SMGL upgrades;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas