sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] libpng, xorg-modular, and GCC

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Peng Chang (Charles)" <chp AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] libpng, xorg-modular, and GCC
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:40:50 +0800

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 01:50:27PM -0500, David Kowis wrote:
> I think we need to split up grimoires, have a core grimoire that we
> slowly build tests into, and we have a defined testing process, as
> automated as possible, to ensure that every bit of software in that core
> grimoire is stable. Obviously, that will be released far slower, but I
> think it's a really good idea.

I agree on splitting grimoire, though it is practically difficult to
define which spells are `core' spells, and the split process may not be
smooth. It does lower the burden of testing, and we can get more focused
on the core grimoire. One possible consequence is that we may get more
testers for the core grimoire because it's smaller.

Charles