sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Release of 0.10.0-test1 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Release of 0.10.0-test1 ISO
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:34:09 -0500

Quoting Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>:

How about we stick with what's in the kernel i.e. atheros 5xxx
support(instead of madwifi(or is the OpenHAL one available yet)) is in the
kernel and a few others(though some require firmware). On a side note some
of the stuff in z-rejected doesn't allow redistribution which is what the
iso would do.

The atheros 5xxx doesn't work with very many of the atheros series wifi boards. Particularly the one in my laptop. I tested it yesterday. And that's probably fine. We don't have to include the things that don't allow redistribution. Madwifi, afaik, does.

--
David Kowis
| www.ronpaul2008.com | www.sourcemage.org |