sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:44:28 +0200

Am Thu, 3 Jul 2008 23:31:30 +0200
schrieb Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>:

> One Talk noted, two more to go. Who else here would like to stand out
> and be a star?

Heh, I sort of would not mind giving a talk, but I don't feel that
qualified in either bash or Source Mage history / big picture. I just
have my personal experience, as user and casual grimoire hacker (with
big plans that didn't yet work out... I really would like to have
castfs ready; also for getting this account management thingie for
chroots done right).
I'll support where I can... Workshops, Installfest? Answering the
question "Duh, does it run on my Alpha?"...
Will be we able to show off the fresh new ISO? That'd be great for
attracting users.
In that case, I indeed would like to help getting it ready for
different archs.

Robert, this is definite now, isn't it?
So I know what I'm doing during the week of 17th to 24th August;
lucklily, my boss just left for longer business trip; so nobody here to
sign the vacation request -- but I'll manage that;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

PS: What about accomodation? Do we intend to get some group rebate in a
hotel? I gather that one might be bitten badly when one wants to get rooms
on short notice.