sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:35:07 +0200

On Thursday 03 of July 2008 23:31:30 Robert Figura wrote:
> Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info> wrote:
> > I guess I'll take the sorcery one. I imagine it as having a brief "What
> > is it?" and "Why bash?" introduction, then an overview of the system, the
> > workflow and the noncommon features ("What makes it different?").
> > Probably a bit of history and some stats too (I like stats in case you
> > haven't noticed yet [0]). Maybe some future plans.
> > This is the closest thing to an abstract until I make the real
> > presentation. 40 minutes sounds manageable.
>
> Thanks Jaka,
>
> does history mean smgl history in general (that could also fit into a
> general introduction) or do you mean code evolution?
True, they're tightly tied together. :D
I meant that in a really short way, accompanying the code growth/release
graph. I am not familiar with much of our or sorcery's history.

> Anyways, i guess monday would be ok for you?
Sure, but it would be good if the general introduction talk was first.

> One Talk noted, two more to go. Who else here would like to stand out
> and be a star?
I'd just like to add that the three proposals were just examples (see how I
ripped the grimoire out) and you can pick your own generic title/area.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org