sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ethan Grammatikidis" <eekee57 AT fastmail.fm>
  • To: "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr." <ivan.lezhnjov.jr AT gmail.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:37:05 +0100

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:20:34 +0300, "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr."
<ivan.lezhnjov.jr AT gmail.com> said:
> Tuesday 01 July 2008, Karsten Behrmann wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > From what I remember, this is a mailman list.
> > This means that you get these monthly reminder emails, which tell you a
> > password and a website.
> > Go to that website and enter the password, "receive my own mail" should
> > be one of the many options.
> >
> > So Far,
> > Karsten
>
> Tried that on a number of MailMan lists before. It didn't help.
> Anyway, thanks for a hint.

You could always use a different mail service. I use fastmail.fm. It's
free, quite quick, and has decent filtering. OTOH it doesn't filter spam
unless you pay, and the web interface doesn't do threaded view iirc.

Aaand a further caveat is that it doesn't send to the list unless you
click Reply To All. I've been spoiled by Sylpheed. Sorry for the
duplicate, Ivan.
--
Ethan Grammatikidis