sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:09:52 +0200

Hi Folks,

The european meeting is going to take place in Bonn from 17th to 24th
of August.

Currently i am connecting with people from the university of bonn and
we seem to be in favor of getting a seminar room of their IT section
from monday to friday.

I was asked whether we could do some public talks (to an audience
consisting mostly of IT students) and after consulting the folks on
IRC i promised them two to three public talks. They have a nice lecture
hall including a projector which we might also use for internal talks.

For this they need to know when we will need the lecture room. I think
the beginning of the week would be best but this also requires that the
people giving the talks are present at that time. I'd say monday would
be best but tuesday may also be ok. Also the afternoon should be more
favorable. Right?

Questions: Who is doing a talk? What will be the topic (an abstract
would be very useful). How much time will it take?

I think 40 minutes + Q&A would be nice, less than 30 may not make much
sense. Ruskie suggested the talks to be along the following lines:
a) general intreduction
b) bash scripting in general
c) sorcery+grimoire

Also, someone (probably me) has to formulate an email sent to the list
of the IT students they'd like to invite. Abstracts make much sense
here.

Since the ones i am talking to need to communicate up their hierarchy it
would further be nice if we had a description which is less
organizational than the current wiki and more of an invitation.
Although there can be found some info on the list i am currently
cracking under workload and i would greatly appreciate it if someone
could write up a short invitation text.

Hopefully i'll meet my contact around the middle of next week.

happy to finally have a perspective for the location and looking
forward to the meeting, regards,
Robert Figura

--
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,m>cot.bitamea\
@urigrf <raguFit erobR"[I%74?I>837&874>I?I^833:l%5:5]))for(O=o=l=