sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] experimental KDE4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] experimental KDE4
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:33:10 -0800

Quoting Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>:
as you may know, kde4, based on qt4, is very different to kde3, and is due for
release at the end of the year. The kde project has started to release some
developer snapshots.

I have manage to write a spell which can compile kdelibs4 on a spare
partition, as a 64 bit system using xorg-modular. If nobody else has already
looked at this, I will gradually add the complete set of kde4 spells and then
release a separate kde4 section or grimoire, otherwise I shall just stop the
experiment

Hey Treeve, how far along are you with this? I would like to help with the KDE4 packages, but do not want to duplicate any work you have done.

I assume you've already looked at these pages for information:
http://developernew.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Unstable_Version
http://developer.kde.org/build/compilationfaq.html
http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/buildstep.php (outdated, but might still be helpful)
http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html (for building from SVN checkouts)

They're up to 3.80.3 at http://kde.org/info/3.80.3.php.

I've noticed that there are no packages for kde-i18n nor kdebindings, but they've added kdepimlibs.

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/