sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Alexander Tsamutali" <astsmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:07:34 +0500

I'd like to have a freeze on the grimoire when we come up to release
time. No commits to test until we've finished fixing the bugs that have
to be fixed. That's it. No exceptions. "Real" software processes work
this way. You've a feature freeze and then you work on the release.
Anything spiffy or unneccesary is omitted, or put off until later. We
don't do that. We're pretty lax.

That's exactly what i proposed here:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2007-January/015995.html
Can we adopt such process?

On the other end of the spectrum, we could simply drop stable-rc and
stable, since no one works on them anyway. I don't like this idea, but
it would be the opposite of what I described in the previous paragraph.

We cannot drop stable releases, never.

--
Alexander Tsamutali