sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of gcc 4.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of gcc 4.1
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:42:16 +0100

Op zaterdag 09-12-2006 om 15:34 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Daniel
Goller:

> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 20:02:52 +0100
> Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org> wrote:
>
> > Le samedi 09 décembre 2006 à 19:56 +0100, Pieter Lenaerts a écrit :
> > > Op zaterdag 09-12-2006 om 08:25 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Daniel
> > > Goller:

> > This anyway what spell maintainers are supposed to do since the
> > beginning, right ??
> >

> I guess not, if i see how Pieter replied. :/

then we're just missing each other's point.

our maintainers should indeed check when they update a spell, but you
talk of removing all gcc3.4 forcing. it is not our job to clean up
upstream code.

it is very normal to have this ${GCC_VERSION} forcing where needed iyam,
and it is practically impossible to remove it.

of course you're right that maintainers should check on updates if the
forcing is still needed.

my reaction was mainly to your stating that we should remove all gcc3.4
forcing before moving over to gcc4.0. sorry if I wasn't clear.

--
Pieter Lenaerts
Source Mage GNU/Linux

http://www.sourcemage.org - "Linux so advanced it may well be magic"