sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells: graveyard

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells: graveyard
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:34:11 +0200

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 17:56, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> If we want to make sure people can go grab old spells that are no longer
> supported and try to build them, I submit that the bug to provide old
> grimoires for downloads as a unit is a better approach. Then at least
> they're getting the spell with its dependencies/dependees as a unit version
> that worked once and have a good chance at it. cf
> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-October/015513.html
> and the bugs it mentions.
This would simplify things. :)

Either way, I think we need to define/refine the deprecation criteria and put
it in the handbook (and drupal once it is back up), as more pruning will take
place once we choose an approach.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org