sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:13:50 +0300

On Monday 14 August 2006 23:00, Andraž "ruskie" Levstik wrote:

> This would be for spells that:
> a) don't have upstream support(this is basicaly a must)
> b) fail to build, relevant to point a
> c) bitrotten stuff, relevant to point a
> d) fail to run properly even if they run, relevant to point a
> e) are simply not used anylonger(I think gnome1 fits in here)

For a spell to fulfill all these would mean the program is _seriously_
rotten.
Do you mean that nothing less would qualify a spell as deprecated?

(Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for a strict policy on this one. I just
want
to mentally try out the options. Also forgive me if I'm asking about
something you already stated...)

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]