sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Bearcat AT feline-soul.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:51:20 -0600 (MDT)

> I'm in favor of it, however I think we should define an accurate list of
> criteria for moving spells in it. Also we could define a procedure to
> grant moving of spells in this grimoire, in order to avoid abuse.
> Maintainers should not for example reject spells from their section just
> because they don't use it.
> --
> Flavien Bridault

Right otherwise gnome and kde would be in and out of there all the time :P

There is a command line app that will parse the urls in text files and
report which ones are dead. This might make a pretty good first pass. I
know that gramofile (which i tried to install the otherday) would fail
that one. That project is definatly dead.

What about projects that are dead but still used? The 0.8 series of
gstreamer is dead, but still used by quite a few apps. Arts falls under
this catagory too.

Bearcat M. Sandor