sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire for deprecated spells
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:41:47 +0200

Le lundi 14 août 2006 à 22:19 +0300, Juuso Alasuutari a écrit :
> This is something Andraž has repeatedly mentioned on #sourcemage, and the
> more
> I think of it the better it sounds.
>
> Could we kick up a deprecated grimoire where to place all the
> old/unmaintained
> spells? This would greatly ease the pain of maintaining the main grimoires,
> while still ensuring that a possibility to practice "software archaeology"
> is
> available to our adventurous users. Also a smaller main grimoire would make
> nicer download during updates.

I'm in favor of it, however I think we should define an accurate list of
criteria for moving spells in it. Also we could define a procedure to
grant moving of spells in this grimoire, in order to avoid abuse.
Maintainers should not for example reject spells from their section just
because they don't use it.
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be