sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git feedback
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:36:26 +0200

Arwed von Merkatz wrote :

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 10:35:41AM -0700, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> [...]
> > As in, you'd put that data in your commit message:
> >
> > section/spell:
> > * BUILD: ...
> > * DETAILS: ...
> >
> > section/spell:
> > * PRE_BUILD: ...
> > * DETAILS: ...
> >
> The first thing would probably work, but including the commit ID in the
> HISTORY is a very bad idea as it can change as long as it's not in the
> central repository due to a git rebase.

Personaly I have nothing against other using such a technique but I'm
sticking to editing each HISTORY file itself... if both can be done
great else I'd prefer each separate. The main reason is when I edit the
HISTORY file I know what I've done but when I commit I REARLY recall
what I've done and ussualy need to check the HISTORY file.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461