sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] project organization

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] project organization
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:00:50 -0500

Don't particularly care for the representative system that the USA uses
either.

And just because someone is not popular or whatnot to get voted a lead
developer even though they may do a lot of work on Sourcemage their vote
should count.

You don't define super majority and is not defined on the apache web
page.

Also this is not a representative system as lead developers have an
unlimited term and as long as they are liked by the majority of the
other lead developers there is no way to remove them.

If the general developers votes are not going to count then all lead
developers should be able to be removed by a majority vote of the
general developers as well so that there is recourse for going against
the majority of the general developers.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook