sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] prometheus progress so far

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] prometheus progress so far
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:53:45 -0700

I've found a number of issues leading to invalid results and duplicate
bugs in the current prometheus. One was my own failure for doing things
in the wrong order, another was that expect changed how it interprets
regular expressions since Andrew wrote it. I've fixed this issue, but
not sent it back upstream yet until I'm done testing the changes. We're
getting much better hit rates with properly parsing regular expressions!
:)

I've identified a few changes in the sorcery code that need to be picked
up in pm-autocast and pm-seer and those will be in my local sandbox
shortly as well. Once I have tweaked up prometheus to modern sorcery,
I'm going to start adding the ability to have clusters communicate/share
their pass/failure lists (based on architecture/etc) (and maybe add a
web front end so people can check results) so we don't duplicate effort,
but so far, each box added is a different architecture and so I'm not
worried about that at this point.

So far we have Asaru (Ben) and kittah (David) contributing cycles in
addition to myself. More volunteers are welcome.

Seth

  • [SM-Discuss] prometheus progress so far, seth, 04/17/2006