sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] minimize global effects in CONFIGURE and DEPENDS (Was: Using dialog for the net-conf spell)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] minimize global effects in CONFIGURE and DEPENDS (Was: Using dialog for the net-conf spell)
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:38:30 +0200

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:33:12 -0700, Seth Woolley wrote:

> Matthew Clark wrote:
> > I recently began trying to improve the net-tools spell by replacing that
> > long list of questions with a dialog.
>
> This breaks prometheus' ability to fuzz options easily. Is there a way
> to make your changes optional? I think rather than fixing this problem
> for one spell we should discuss the CONFIGURE (and DEPENDS) formats in
> the context of allowing alternative prompts and even the ability to use
> a make-menuconfig-style menu.

I believe the way I did this spell by the way was a
"do you want to use dialog (recommended)? [n]"
and if that query was answered with 'n' run through all the
options with config_query's... wouldn't that work?

So Far,
Karsten

--
Karsten Behrmann | Source Mage GNU/Linux developer, ISO team
BearPerson AT gmx.net | http://www.sourcemage.org