sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] minimize global effects in CONFIGURE and DEPENDS (Was: Using dialog for the net-conf spell)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] minimize global effects in CONFIGURE and DEPENDS (Was: Using dialog for the net-conf spell)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:16:30 +0200

Hmmm I'v been toying with an idea...

It's mostly a backburner type thing...

BUT Couldn't the current query functions be expanded to generate a
dialog if there's some var SET/UNSET.

Hmmm acctually a parser for CONFIGURE would be a better idea....

which parses all the relevant data...
i.e. what type of query is requested, what are it's parameters
and then adds that to a dialog.

Lists and such as submenus, Y/N queries to main menu.
The main problem I would see is logic in CONFIGURE(if's and so on)
which would need to be handled as well.

Basicaly the parser would be invoked if there's a var SET/UNSET

NOTE this is only a brain storming session and yes I know sorcery team
has enough to do.

On a side note.

IMHO All spells using dialog(with the possible exception of the linux spell)
should give an option to use dialog GUI or to use normal query's.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461