sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SVN as p4 replacement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SVN as p4 replacement
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:43:58 -0600

On Mar 20, Seth Woolley [swoolley AT panasas.com] wrote:
> Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > Seth Woolley wrote:
> >
> >>P.S. I'll note that any split spells in general are a PITA because
> >>

> > Subversion is not a split spell AFACT. What do you mean here :-)?
>
> Take a look at its dependencies.

I've been watching SVN development on and off since the inception, early on
it was pretty obnoxious but as far as I know they've responded to community
complaints and moved away from a lot of that to at least make things like
apache optional. You may want to check the upstream docs to see if
whatever you want into is still required by them or if our spell is out of
date, etc.