sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Voting process amendment

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Voting process amendment
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:49:12 -0800

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 02:43:18PM -0500, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Andrew "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
> > It is generaly suggested that personal gpg key != grimoire gpg key
> > And nobody will include anybody elses gpg key into the grimoire(re:
> > guru.gpg).
> >
> Good enough, thanks! I was concerned because Eric mentioned that my key
> has to be listed somewhere and I really don't want it to be anywhere it
> doesn't belong.

Just the key id and fingerprint (on a developer keys webpage). Even
with that, one still needs the public key to be able to use it, so your
double-secrecy requirement should still work out ok (some people like to
not publicize their public key to anybody outside their inner circle).

Seth

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Key id 63C1E02F = E07A FB0E 5925 CE4A 6526 2AD5 1782 FEC2 63C1 E02F