sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Decisions [Was: Re: sorcery menu changes]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Decisions [Was: Re: sorcery menu changes]
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:10:25 -0500

I agree it's a problem SMGL has. But I'm afraid I do not think voting on
everything a good idea. We have team leads for a reason, let them do
their job and not hamstring them with having to make a vote for
everything that might cause ripples of dissatisfaction.

What has to be done is *someone* has to look back through the email
threads and try to list all the times discussions of important stuff has
suddenly died, and try to discover the reasons behind the premature
death. (From memory, it seems they usually die when a spec or coding is
necessary, stuff that takes time and work and we are always short of
time.) But a proper solution can't proposed until we have information on
the problem and the cause.