sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery menu changes

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery menu changes
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:53:32 +0100

Stuff that should be removed:
Spell menu (remove everything except for the 'held' menu)

When I started to work with Source Mage I used this menu for installing spells.
I had no idea about cast and dispel and almost all I did with only "sorcery".
Seems new users still use it, at least new users I know.
It is fine for them they can browse sections, they can see only not installed spells, they can see short and long description of spells.
Personally I would not remove it. Of course it can be extra application with searching, checking and so on.

Log menu (remove everything)

It could be also part of that new extra application. :-)

sound schemes (does anyone use this or think we need them?)

Sometime I use it and it really attracts my colleagues and my students. :-)
I certainly would not remove it (of course it can be removed and reincarnate as a new spell) contrariwise I am for improving it.
It would be great if the name of spells were pronounced (festival, speech_tools, ...).
I would acclaim some sounds on install ISO too. :-)

--
Ladislav Hagara