sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] rar2 spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Geoffrey Derber" <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] rar2 spell
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 7:43:47 -0000

I was looking at the z-rejected grimoire, and noticed the rar2 spell has
been depreciated for the rar spell. The rar spell being version 3.x, rar2
being 2.71 (271 for the download file). The reason for the rar2 spell
existing is the video-dvdrip spell very explicitly depends on a version 2.99
or less (the one they recommend and provide being 2.71). The video-dvdrip
spell will not work with rar 3.x. Hense we need the rar2 spell for that one
and only purpose.

We do need to keep it around, we can't depreciate it just yet.

Geoffrey Derber

P.S. sorry about the damn reply-to header, it's the only way to make this
webmail client post the proper 'from' header for the mailing lists to work.