sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Decisions [Was: Re: sorcery menu changes]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Decisions [Was: Re: sorcery menu changes]
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:57:46 -0600

On Jan 04, Paul Mahon [dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net] wrote:
> I agree it's a problem SMGL has. But I'm afraid I do not think voting on
> everything a good idea. We have team leads for a reason, let them do
> their job and not hamstring them with having to make a vote for
> everything that might cause ripples of dissatisfaction.
>
> What has to be done is *someone* has to look back through the email
> threads and try to list all the times discussions of important stuff has
> suddenly died, and try to discover the reasons behind the premature
> death. (From memory, it seems they usually die when a spec or coding is
> necessary, stuff that takes time and work and we are always short of
> time.) But a proper solution can't proposed until we have information on
> the problem and the cause.

Bringing these threads to conclusion and action is something I took as one
of my major responsibilities as APL. I know I haven't been around a ton
the last month, but I haven't forgotten or just deleted things either.

Anyway, mostly just a response to say I agree and am trying to work on
making sure that happens.