sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:00:46 +0100

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 02:55:43PM -0500, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> So would you support a bug to build Ant with GCJ? That would be a good
> start.
>
> Sergey.

I definitely would, but I definitely wouldn't work on it myself. Tried
it some months ago without success. I'd like to see more of our spells
build with gcj instead of j2sdk, but that also needs a lot of testing.
The ant on my redhat box at work was buggy in a very subtle way due to
being built with gcj, though I think that shouldn't usually be the case
anymore with classpath being at the state it is now.