sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:46:17 +0100

> > 1) Could non-free softwares still be installed by spells in our
> > z-rejected grimoire, which will be moved somewhere ?
> Yes, you could scribe add <from a different URL>
Yup can sure work
> > 2) Could the maintainer(s) of z-rejected still belong to the SMGL Team ?
> No, at least not in an acknowledged way.
Yes they can be... but we OFFICIALY say NO WE DON'T SUPPORT IT DON'T COME TO
US IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

Basicaly it would be like using someone elses grimoire i.e. I have 2 personal
published grimoires and sandalle offers his own as well...

> > 3) Could we track bugs about z-rejected grimoire in our main bugzilla ?
> No.
Derfaintely not
> > 4) If yes, shall we then sort the bugs, so that we refuse to correct
> > bugs that are not related to packaging ?
> Not applicable, can't be in bugzilla.
Irrelevant question since the previous is no
> > 5) Will the providers be added with z-rejected ? For instance, will I
> > have JAVA or not ?
> No.
Why not...
PROVIDERS can still work... you would just need to manualy scribe add
z-rejected from-url
before casting.

The only thing you couldn't do would be to have a depends JAVA z-rejected
you could still have depends JAVA.

We would need to publish an active list of providers(if we don't yet) so that
others can use them to hook into the rest of the grimoires properly...

Nothing is preventing you there...