sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:16:27 -0500

I am not arguing with this statement. What you said originally was different, more narrow in scope. You said that what we do, merging development grimoire into test all the time, and test into stable, and sometimes back, is not going to work well with Subversion. And this is what I'd like to model, not all possible branch workflows.

Sergey.

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:

Well, I'm using subversion for some of my own projects, and so far the
best I can say is that subversion branches suck. They are dead easy to
create, but almost impossible to use except for one-shot branches or
straight branch-develop-merge workflow. They just don't work for
repeated merges back and forth between branches.