sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:09:14 +0100

quality, use, performance or necessity of packages A or B matters not in
this discussion.

what we want to decide is this:
do we remove non-free software from our official grimoires and server or
not?

if we don't: no chance to get on the list
if we do: I'm sure some people will publish and maintain a z-rejected
grimoire. We would have a lot of work to get the dependencies out of our
grimoires, but nothing's impossible

let's just stop claiming that gnumeric and abiword could replace OOo,
that java/flash are not necessary and nvidia owners are to be pitied. it
has nothing to do with the discussion what person A thinks of package B.