sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 12:44:56 -0500

I can't see why we would care about being on that list one way the
other. The truth is, is that there are packages out there for which
there are no decent (GNU)free alternatives exist, Java is an example.
Just moving the grimoire to another host would still violate the
"spirit" of the list, we would still be maintaining it, and thus
advocate its use.

It looks like a bunch of changes which will make things more difficult
for new users, and we don't get anything for it except our name on some
wall no one much looks at.

I'm just not seeing the gain for us.