sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL as GNU-certified Free(R)(TM) Distro?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 12:05:07 +0100

Who thinks this is worth it? Who thinks it's not worth it?

I prefer Source Mage GNU/Linux to be as free as possible but until there are real free equivalents of well-know non-free software I wouldn't prevent us/our users from using it. It should depends only on us/our users if we/they want to use non-free software. If we/they use it we should support it.

There are 130 registered boxes on http://ledger.sourcemage.org and:
z-rejected grimoire is used on 109 boxes http://ledger.sourcemage.org/users/grimoire.php
nvidia_driver is installed on 43 of them, flash is installed even on 61, msttf on 25, j2sdk-bin on 26 boxes.
We use non-free software so we should support it.

--
Got yourself a ledger.sourcemage.org account?
http://ledger.sourcemage.org/

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
http://www.sourcemage.org/