sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] OpenSSL 0.9.8 upgrade suggestion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] OpenSSL 0.9.8 upgrade suggestion
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:29:14 -0700

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:14:03AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Andrew wrote:
> >I think the smarter/safer dispel + visa'd libraries idea is a good one. Im
> >however wary of putting yet more new stuff in the 1.13 sorcery release
> >at near the last minute (and thus dragging it out more).
> >
> >I think we should evaluate the special-case spell idea for the short
> >term and investigate the smarter/safer dispel in the 1.14 release, if
> >it pans out well and/or the special-case spell idea doesnt do well we
> >can always backport it to a 1.13.[1-x] release.
>
> So we're wanting to add this to the RoadMap[0] or shall we keep the
> current RoadMap and let the staged libraries fix (however we decide to
> do it) go in afterwards or as people have time?

I tend to just use bugzilla for the de-facto roadmap, its easier to
query and keep in sync with actual progress.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |