sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] OpenSSL 0.9.8 upgrade suggestion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] OpenSSL 0.9.8 upgrade suggestion
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:13:12 -0700

Is there a way to ensure that spells always link against the newer
library and not the older one? I think if thats possible then having
the 0.9.7-so spell would be preferable and avoid breakage. On updates
it could up-trigger anything thats still linked against it or dispel itself
if nothing is left. Sort of a self-healing type of thing.

Also, wrt to ordering, openssl-0.9.7-so could cast before openssl,
and openssl can just be careful in PRE_INSTALL not to remove the 0.9.7
libs. Theres a few possible solutions for that. Motivation being to
minimize the time where the 0.9.7 so is missing.

-Andrew