sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Alex Smith" <alex AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Differentiated user/developer/lead cloaks
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:08:25 +0100 (BST)

> I didn't mean to kill this by asking about it. It looks like not a lot of
> people care strongly, anyway.

You didn't, and we do, but Freenode's group contact system has gone to a
bit of a halt. It has now been passed to christel to do group contact
stuff, so hopefully we can get a bit of a move on, if we squeeky wheel
her.

> Given the nature of our distribution as being for independently-minded
> people, is there room to suggest that we standardize the
> herald/elder/apprentice/golem ones, and other devs can choose anything
> they
> want that's "in theme"? Or would that upset freenode?

Probably upset them. Most distros only have one, or two types at the most.
Whilst keeping this in mind - you don't get if you don't ask :)

--
Alex Smith
alex AT alexsmith.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken