sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] detailed QA stable grimoire and ISO proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT tamsco.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] detailed QA stable grimoire and ISO proposal
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:07:50 -0700

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:07:02PM +0400, David C. Haley wrote:
> On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:51:15 -0700
> Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org> wrote:
>
> > === stable grimoire updating process ===
> >
> > We have three main grimoires, devel, test, and stable:
> >
> > * devel contains all spells plus works-in-progress, identified by a
> > WIP file in them.
> >
> > * test contains all spells that should work but haven't had gauranteed
> > testing. The guru's intent is that, yes, this spell, to the best of
> > my knowledge, will work as well as the previous versions. If not,
> > it goes in devel with a WIP.
> >
> > * stable should have been well-tested.
> >
> <snip>
>
> I have a question about the two minor grimoires that we currently
> have, eg Games, and Z-Rejected.
>
> Will this process in any way effect this two grimoires? Having WIP
> game or z-rejected spells in devel for example and mograting them to
> their respective grimoires when they hit test?
>
> I'm not really making suggestions, as much as I am curious to hear
> your opinion on this.

These are outside our existing QA process, so they aren't going to
follow this proposal. I don't play games and z-rejected are QA tested
by the makers in most cases.

Seth

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
Quality Assurance Team Leader; Security Team Member, Leader Emeritus
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Elected Coordinating Committee Member, Secretary, and Finances Chair
Pacific Green Party of Oregon - Peace - http://www.pacificgreens.org