sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] detailed QA stable grimoire and ISO proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] detailed QA stable grimoire and ISO proposal
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 18:19:44 +0200

Seth Alan Woolley wrote :

> PGP verify signed message
> gpg: Signature made tor 03 maj 2005 18:07:50 CEST using DSA key ID 00BA3AF3
> gpg: Good signature from "Seth Alan Woolley (2005 Personal Key)
> <seth AT positivism.org>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
> PGP verification success
>

> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:07:02PM +0400, David C. Haley wrote:
> > On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:51:15 -0700
> > Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org> wrote:
> >
> > > === stable grimoire updating process ===
> > >
> > > We have three main grimoires, devel, test, and stable:
> > >
> > > * devel contains all spells plus works-in-progress, identified by a
> > > WIP file in them.
> > >
> > > * test contains all spells that should work but haven't had
> > > gauranteed
> > > testing. The guru's intent is that, yes, this spell, to the best
> > > of
> > > my knowledge, will work as well as the previous versions. If not,
> > > it goes in devel with a WIP.
> > >
> > > * stable should have been well-tested.
> > >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I have a question about the two minor grimoires that we currently
> > have, eg Games, and Z-Rejected.
> >
> > Will this process in any way effect this two grimoires? Having WIP
> > game or z-rejected spells in devel for example and mograting them to
> > their respective grimoires when they hit test?
> >
> > I'm not really making suggestions, as much as I am curious to hear
> > your opinion on this.
>
> These are outside our existing QA process, so they aren't going to
> follow this proposal. I don't play games and z-rejected are QA tested
> by the makers in most cases.
>
> Seth

Games should be QA proccessed by ppl who play them they are
the most likely to find problems with them. And since there is no
devel-games grimoire it's all done in "field testing".

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore... || URL2: http://ruskie.dtdm.org

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034