sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:08:46 -0500

Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:

When I try to "cast linux" to get it to recognize via rhine as eth0, everything goes ok until the actual compilation starts, right after I select all the kernel options. Here, I get the following message repeated endlessly:

find: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/installwatch.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

The ISO install sorcery-stable and you need the proj2 branch of sorcery to properly compile on x86_64. Grab it in p4.

I compared devel and proj/proj2, they are not that different. I don't see any mention of SUBARCH and SUBLIB anywhere in the code. Also, LIB's variable name is too general, and the value can be made '/lib' by default, so module build_api/api2 can be just merged, together with new architectures. The others I'm not sure about, but the changes don't look too dramatic. Are more changes planned in proj2?

Anyway, I copied proj2 over and did ./install. The same error (see above) happens anyway. It actually happens for mkdir, find, and sleep as far as I can see. What do I do?
Thanks!

Sergey.