sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:51:29 +0100

Sergey A. Lipnevich a écrit :
Hi All,

I have just received my amd64 laptop after repair. I intend to set it up with the new x86_64 iso image (which yesterday fit onto my small CD-RW disc that says 185 MB on its face). It is Emachines M6805 with broadcom wireless b/g (worked with ndiswrapper), a "rhino-2"-driver ethernet card, and ati radeon 9600, among other things. If there's anything I need to pay attention to, please shoot me an email. Also, do I remember correctly that this iso can't install grub?
Thanks!

Sergey.

Correct. grub will not be automatically install. You can chroot to your installed system at the end of the install and setup grub manually.

Another point: Some symlinks seems to be missing too. So chroot to your new installation and run /sbin/ldconfig there.

If you want to compile things, you need to use the proj2 branch of sorcery as well. I will try to include it in the next ISO release... if I got some time and motivation :-)

Waiting for your installation report!
Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru