sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:48:45 +0100

Sergey A. Lipnevich a écrit :
The install went OK. I had grub on that machine before, but because of repartitioning, it's not working (error 22), so I have to boot using the CD (linux root=...).

grub is not working on this ISO. It will be fixed on the next ISO (if not already done...).

When I boot, sometimes the whole thing seems to pause for a few seconds, then say something about missed hard drive interrupts, and then continue. Probably wrong or less suitable driver. This doesn't seem to happen when booting up is over.
When I try to "cast linux" to get it to recognize via rhine as eth0, everything goes ok until the actual compilation starts, right after I select all the kernel options. Here, I get the following message repeated endlessly:

find: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/installwatch.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

The ISO install sorcery-stable and you need the proj2 branch of sorcery to properly compile on x86_64. Grab it in p4.

Needless to say that such .so does exist. I did "ldconfig" before. I don't know if it's supposed to, but "ldconfig -v" doesn't have /usr/lib/installwatch.so in the output.
I'll try to look some more, but pointers are appreciated.
Thanks!

Sergey.

Thanks for your report,
Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru