sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stuff to test for x86_64 iso image?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:01:43 -0800

Quoting Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>:
> Correct. grub will not be automatically install. You can chroot to your
> installed system at the end of the install and setup grub manually.
>
> Another point: Some symlinks seems to be missing too. So chroot to your
> new installation and run /sbin/ldconfig there.
>
> If you want to compile things, you need to use the proj2 branch of
> sorcery as well. I will try to include it in the next ISO release... if
> I got some time and motivation :-)
>
> Waiting for your installation report!
> Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru

Not to dash any hopes/ideas, but I'd like us to focus on getting our
/currently/
supported ISO architectures fixed. There are plenty of things to fix there
without looking for new ones. Once 0.9.4 is out, as I've said a few times,
then
we can start work on which ISO script will be used for the 0.9.5 to 1.0-pre
ISOs
and, /maybe/, adding "official" support for at least a pure64 x86_64 (since we
already seem to have a mostly working ISO).

-sandalle