sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine (UPDATE)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine (UPDATE)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:18:36 +0200

> Yes, it would be probably a lot faster to backup gaming machine to few
>
> DVDs, install SMGL on it, build SMGL for this lowspec thing in chroot,
> and then restore from backup, but I just want to make it work by
> itself. Call it a challenge ;-) Or training in computer black magic
> ;-))))
I'd try and just plug the drive into your "gaming machine" and install
it onto the drive from there.
That machine should surely boot the CD. Just be sure you optimize the
system for the small box...
Well, I guess you're already in the middle of it, but just a suggestion
to try if the thing crashes again ;)
So Far,
Karsten