sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:03:31 +0200

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 01:26:14PM +0200, Ondra Tomecka wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Have anyone ever tried to install SMGL on something like P75, 4M RAM, 640M
> HDD? My mom got such computer and wants me to create web browser and mp3
> player from it ;-)

Look on the wiki.sourcemage.org for a INSTALL howto or such for low
memory... I was playing with this for awhile, tips are noted there.

The biggest problems was running out of memory for the ncurses, solution
== jump into shell and make a swap and activate it, then return to menu.

Good luck and please add finding to the wiki page.

erics
--
Eric D. Schabell M.Sc. - Z-Rejected Guru
irc.freenode.net (#sourcemage), nick -> erics