sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Usual ranting from hgg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: smgl AT bluebottle.com
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Usual ranting from hgg
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:42:54 +1000

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 02:20, Karsten Behrmann wrote:
> well, I did a quick
> 'grep greig -ir * | grep -v HISTORY | grep -iv changelog'
> in both p4 sorcery and /var/lib/sorcery/codex
> and guess what?

You have inverted your grep command.
It IS the unqualified continuation of my details (name and email address) in
History that I object to, but thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Regards your other observations, yes anyone could have done a better job,
barring an unforeseen labotomy or mental breakdown. But why would I want to
lead a community that apparently didn't care when a high-profile community
member turned out to be an incompetent, irrational, <insert dictionary of
adjectives here> tyrant ? Instead of taking over, writing the unwanted
constitution [1], performing cancer surgery on the project infrastructure and
unilaterally changing an uncaring community to follow some open source
principles, I left.

Lacking that constitution, I contributed in the spirit of the social
contract and composed myself professionally, communicating and discussing all
problems. The community can continue in whatever fashion it now wants, but by
not dealing with all the problems mentioned the project has not lived up to
the advertisement of that social contract, and all my work under that pretext
now needs to be qualified.

See you in a few days for the regular request.

Hamish Greig

[1] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2002-September/000795.html

NOTE: If this arrives multiple times, twice from my regular address and once
from this new address (setup to monitor this list), apologies from me, but
blame a twelve hour delay with ibiblio's servers.