sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:29:34 +0200

> Thank you. :) I did a little spelling and grammar cleanup, but I may have
> missed/messed up a few things. ;)

Thank you a lot, I studied the diff you made, and I will try to improve
:)

> What happens if you try to do a persisten_add or config_query on an already
> existing variable (such as OPTS)?
For persistent_add, nothing. It just marks that the variable is from now
on persistent. If you do config_query* on that variable, and it was
not persistent allready, it's value will be first cleared. (this way we
stop the leaking). If it was persistent allready, nothing special
happens.

> How can we use config_query (or another method) to add to OPTS (if
> OPTS is already considered persistent, can we just do: OPTS="$OPTS
> <new options>" and it will be persistent during the cast (and not
> saved, otherwise multiple casts would continually add <new options> to
> the end ;))?
What a question :) OPTS is generated each time spell is casted, so I
don't see reason to make it persistent. You can do this:

config_query SCREW "Do you want to make casting interesting ?" ?
[ SCREW == 'y' ] && OPTS="$OPTS --screw-it"

This way the qestion is remembered for next casts, and OPTS is not made
persistent.

--
Neuron