sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] hungry for cake

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] hungry for cake
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:25:59 +1000

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:58, Jackson Alley wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:51:02 +1000
>
> Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> > > If we did that you'd all be fat and happy from the mistakes I alone
> > > have made. ;)
> > >
> > > -sandalle
> >
> > Everyone makes mistakes, how the mistake is handled is the important
> > point. I just found it ironic considering it was posted by the same
> > person who caused me 20+ hours work repairing my remote login machines,
> > delayed my ISO schedule and increased my workload by unilaterally
> > removing features we all relied on and whose lack of common sense testing
> > necessitated 9 stable sorcery releases in 5 weeks.
> > Alongside the other problems, I don't understand how smgl finds that
> > acceptable, but that isn't my concern anymore.
> > If it were a commercial project, I would have been compensated for all my
> > work [1], and the continued distribution of my name and email would be
> > acceptable . Unfortunately I received no compensation and the unqualifed
> > distribution [2] of my name and email is a personal affront.
> >
> > Hamish Greig
> >
> > [1] ignoring that employees wreaking such havoc would be dismissed if
> > they showed the same recalcitrance. I don't think the commercial aspect
> > is significant either, I can't imagine the kernel developers putting up
> > with similar either.
> > [2] unqualified, meaning anyone reading my name in the grimoire files,
> > doesn't immediately know I left the "open" project in disgust because it
> > had no tools and no intentions to deal with the problems I encountered.
> supposedly no longer subscibe to, on a volenteer project you no longer
> support. I feel the need to appologise to Eric and thank you for all of
> your hard work. I for one apprciate it very much. -----------
> Jackson Alley (TooManyMirrors) <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
> GPG EA6C442A233C3611 49FB A47D 9245 AF82 88BE FF57 EA6C 442A 233C 3611
> SourceMage GNU/Linux Guru www.sourcemage.org

You are apologising to Eric Schabell ?
I don't understand why he warrants an apology and how my exposing his double
standards and continuing to request, with facts and evidence, that my name
and email are dropped from your product is a personal attack ?
I am not making any false accusations, nor am I asking any belated action to
be taken against Schabell and if this had been dealt with before I would have
no reason or right to make my request.
If you don't like my rhetoric, don't want to be reminded of the problems I
left in disgust over, then the simple solution is change my name and email as
requested. Then I will have no reason to continue to push my own agenda and
smgl can continue in peace with no further contact from me.
As I said, I once hoped my leaving and my subsequent actions would have a
positive outcome for smgl, now my only agenda is to stop the distribution of
my name and email by a project I left when I found it didn't live up to it's
democratic and open advertisements. I am rightly proud of all my works and
efforts during my time with smgl, unfortunately I am not proud of all of the
people I worked with and won't ever understand their reluctance to deal with
this issue, once and for all.

Hamish Greig