sm-discuss - Follow up (WAS: Re: [SM-Discuss] hungry for cake)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Follow up (WAS: Re: [SM-Discuss] hungry for cake)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:32:45 +1000

Eric, I forward this to the mail lists. I have no taste for closed door
discussions, not that you are trying to do that, but my response should be to
all users and developers.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:11, you wrote:
> Hamish,
>
> You're just wasting our already limited time. Please stop this nonsense.
> I've already done what I will to remove your name and have repeatedly
> explained it.

NO, you are wasting your own time.
If you want to never hear from me again, you can do as I request, or discuss
"working" compromise with your colleagues. Until that is done I will continue
to regularly request it, regardless of name calling, regardless of the
demoralising effects it might have on a project I once held in high regard
and with no compulsion about pointing out faults and mistakes.

> As a past contributor to this project your name is and will
> always be associated with us (along with anyone else who contributed)
> without obfuscation (your silly attempt on the wiki) and as you no longer
> contribute to this project you have no say in anything we do or do not do.

Exactly, I am not asking you to change any current infrastructure in the
project, just repeating the same points that still haven't yet been dealt
with. I am not even demanding you now deal with the problems, just asking you
stop the unqualified advertisement of my former association with smgl. Your
choice to allow recalcitrant, unrepentant problematic people to continue in
the project purely because the project is already low on developers is your
own cross to bear. Luckily you do have a core of developers who are
fortunately already committed to smgl. Unfortunately new developers can't be
assured their "open" efforts and ideas will be respected, while the same
recalcitrant and unrepentant problematic people are allowed to continue
unhindered, but once again, that is not my problem or my agenda.
As for my "silly attempt" on the wiki [1], it must be the perspective. You
probably see it as an attack on the integrity of the project and it's members
but it as an honest attempt to chronicle some of the problems. It is not
complete but as I no longer have access to edit it, it will have to remain
unfinished.

> You may not think that your actions are childish, but you are certainly
> acting like a child. You made a request, we acted upon it as we saw fit,
> but now you are harassing us (which, I believe, is illegal in most
> countries) because you didn't get your way 100%.
>
> -sandalle

Unfortunate that you see my continued attempts to have some sort of "justice"
done as harassment. Also unfortunate that my continued requests for
professional behaviour from a project with a social contract are viewed as
"childish".

Hamish Greig

[1] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=foo